Businesses are becoming extremely competitive as markets are integrating and globalization is on the rise. Today, simply producing and selling goods is not sufficient to succeed. Several supplemental services must be provided to the customer to build the brand name. With the rise in globalization, the free flow of goods and services has risen tremendously. As a result, goods are flown and shipped across cities, countries and even continents. These goods include normal consumer products, raw materials, fragile goods, luxury goods, etc. This makes it imperative that the commutation of goods takes place in a safe and smooth manner. This is where the packaging industry comes in. Over the last few years, the market for boxed packaged goodshas grown tremendously.
Boxed packaged goods are those goods that are packed in boxes to ensure a smoother and safer commute. This prevents the goods from being damaged and thus, reduces the probability of incurring losses for the buyer and seller. They offer great utility in terms of convenience, sustainability and are economically viable. As a result, these are being increasingly preferred by businesses of all sorts and types.
Major Items Traded in Boxed Packaged Goods
As mentioned earlier, a wide variety of products are packed, shipped, and sold as boxed packaged goods. The e-commerce industry has further triggered the demand and growth of boxed packaged goods. Boxed packaged goods are easier to carry and deliver. Thus, they are the go-to choose of online platforms. Some major goods include- clothes, books, games, consumer electronics, shoes, eateries, etc. Packaging these goods increases their life and maintains the quality standards. Apart from these goods, groceries, grooming products, furniture, household appliances, etc. are also traded as boxed packaged goods.
Different Types of Boxed Packaged Goods
- Wooden Box: This is the go-to box for people in the packing and shipping industry. It is the safest of all boxes and can be used to transport goods across larger distances. They are ideal for packing delicate and fragile items and even electronics.
- Corrugated Box: These boxes come in three forms- single corrugated, double corrugated & triple corrugated. Made up of corrugated cardboard, these boxes are renewable, reusable and recyclable. Thus, they are environmentally sustainable and extremely safe at the same time.
- Plastic Box: These boxes are the most used boxes. They come in all shapes and sizes and can be used to pack a wide range of products. They are extremely lightweight, moisture-free, easy and cheap to produce and even more easy to carry and transport. These even offer folding boxes in cylindrical, transparent, cover boxes, and several other forms.
- Rigid Boxes: These boxes are significantly thicker than the standard folding cartons and are made of highly condensed paper boards. These boxes are biodegradable, very solid, non-collapsible and offer a premium feel. They are used to pack and ship high-end electronics among several other goods.
- Cardboard Box: Cardboard boxes are often spotted in markets, industries and even residential areas. This is because of the variety of goods that can be stored in cardboard boxes. These boxes are lightweight, easy to use, cost-effective and offer good flexibility. Also, they are highly convenient when it comes to loading and unloading.
- Paper Box Packaging: Besides packing goods, this form of packing allows businesses to be creative and promote their brand as well. Also, these boxes are customizable as they can be adjusted in terms of thickness, etc.
- Canned Packaged Goods: This form of packaging is used to store items that are easily perishable and require special packing. These include food items like fish, meat, fruits, etc. These canned goods are thermally processed to prevent infiltration by microorganisms. Canned packaged goods reduce environmental pollution, wastage and increase the life of these easily perishable items.
Importance of Boxed Packaged Goods for Your Business
Having a good packaging mechanism provides your business with a competitive edge over others. Boxed packaged goods hold great significance in making business grow in terms of reputation, brand name and quality of services. Some major advantages of boxed packaged goods include:
- They ensure safer delivery of goods.
- They help in brand promotion.
- It is an eco-friendly choice and helps in fulfilling social responsibility; and
- These boxes can be customized as per use and the type of product to be packed.
Boxed packaged goods have certainly revolutionized the way businesses operate. Thus, these are the ultimate package for both the buyers and sellers.
Cardboard boxes are often spotted in markets, industries, and even residential areas. This is because of the variety of goods that can be stored in cardboard boxes. This type of box is also used for packaging ingredients of the meal by Food Delivery Dublin companies to deliver them to the customers.
Also check : GAYLORD BOXES GUIDE