It is very important to protect your family’s mental peace and hard-earned investments in cases of inflation. That is exactly why you should start investing on Bitcoins. If you have an IRA then you can roll it over to a Bitcoin IRA. Make sure to check Bitcoin IRA reviews for a smooth rollover.
What is an IRA?
IRA or an Individual Retirement Account is nothing but a tax-advantaged account used by people for saving and investing for retirement. There are different types of IRAs, like – SIMPLE IRAs, SEP IRAs, Traditional IRAs, and Roth IRAs.
How to Buy Bitcoin Using Your IRA?
There are three ways of buying Bitcoin using your IRA. They are:
- Regal Assets – It has the highest rating profile for 10 consecutive years in the precious metal industry. In case of a natural or physical disaster, your crypto investment is going to be securely stored in an offshore vault that is impenetrable. It is also secured from viruses, spyware, malware, computer crashes, etc. The cryptocurrency investments are going to be fully insured.
- BitIRA – BitIRA is totally compliant with the CCSS (Cryptocurrency Security Standards). Your assets will be fully insured against cases of mistakes, theft, fraud, and hacks. Your assets will be kept securely inside Class III vaults. These will be kept at a state-of-the-art depository that is facilitated with multi-redundant security systems. It will also be protected by the armed guards 24/7. You will have your own encrypted cold storage hardware device which you can access only through a multi-signature security.
- Bitcoin IRA – Here you get a cold storage three-keyed IRA wallet. It is powered by BitGo. You will just need to give a one-time fee and you will get all the services – account setup, fund rollover, execution of exchange, and funds security. You have the complete freedom of choosing your portfolio % among Stellar Lumens, Zcash, Ripple, Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin, etc.
What is a Bitcoin IRA?
Bitcoin IRA is a tax-advantaged and delf-directed retirement plan that allows the investors to invest in the cryptocurrency asset market using their retirement accounts. It is quite similar to the any other IRA. The only difference is that other IRAs hold paper assets. Whereas Bitcoin IRAs hold digital currencies.
If you are someone looking for a retirement plan that will provide you diversification in inflation, then a Bitcoin IRA account is a good option for you. You can consider Bitcoin just like an alternate asset, just like oil and gold.
You can keep different cryptocurrencies within a self-directed Bitcoin IRA. Some of them are:
- ZEC (Zcash)
- ETC (Ethereum Classic)
- XMR (Monero)
- XLM (Stellar Lumens)
- DASH (Dash)
- XRP (Ripple)
- BCH (Bitcoin Cash)
- LTC (Litecoin)
- ETH (Ethereum)
- BTC (Bitcoin)
The retirement accounts that are capable of rolling over all or some of its funds in to Bitcoin IRA are:
- Thrift Savings Plans (TSP)
- Various annuity plans
- Pension plans
- SIMPLE IRA
- SEP IRA
- Traditional IRA
- Roth IRA
Rolling Over Your Roth IRA to a Bitcoin IRA
Majority of the Bitcoin IRA custodians usually offer an end-to-end insurance of the private keys and digital assets. The cryptocurrency private keys will be securely kept within multi-signature cold storage. These are kept inside a vault which is under 24/7 surveillance. A rollover will require a one-time service fee depending on the custodian and the type of account you are rolling over from.
Steps involved in Bitcoin IRA rollover are:
- Filling out the account application form
- Establishment of the account within the next 24 to 48 hours
- Signed transfer request receipt by both the custodians
- Funding your account
- Putting your wallet inside the cold storage